Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fortune Cookies

I made some fortune Cookies the other night and I have to tell you this is a great Idea if you want to surprise a loved one. You can generate your own fortunes or grab some off of the internet. As usual, just be creative. :)








Read more for Ingredients and Instructions.







They turned out better than expected so get going people ;)


The Ingredients:

  • 6 egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 6 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 Cup flour
  • 2 tbsp water
Preparation time: 30 minutes

At First, place the egg whites in a medium bowl.



Add both extracts and vegetable oil, then beat for about 45 seconds.



Put the flour, corn starch, sugar and salt in a extra bowl and mix together.



Add the water to our dry bowl.



Then combine all ingredients in our original bowl. Mix well until smooth.



Place dollops of about 1 tbsp on a pan. Try to keep em smaller than this. These were my first ones and way to big. You can start at 2 per pan, once you figure the folding part out increase the number. I managed to fold up to six on one load.



Place in oven and back for about 10-12 minutes at 350°F or until edges are slightly brown. Make your fortunes while you wait :)



Quickly remove from pan and fold in half, place your fortunes inside them now!



Then fold them in half again, using the side of a cup makes it very easy. If you can't figure out how to do it properly try searching YouTube for a video of how to fold fortunes cookies.



Tada!



Enjoy ;) If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask in the comment section. Got any requests? 

28 comments:

  1. Dang. These look really delicious. Fairly simple recipe also. I might try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude, I might surprise my girl with these :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesomely tastey, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, will save recipe for a rainy day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm salivating on my keyboard... I'm not a big fan of sweets, but chocolate and fortune cookies are something you just can't BEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. be a good way to ask a girl out, just make sure everybody eats the right cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I come to this blog I mentally put on 4lbs lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a legend. Shall be making these this weekend :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive never seen anyone do anything fancy with a fortune cookie. chocolate on top makes it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. makes me want food soooooo bad
    followed

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to try this out later. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My god, got munchies like a ma'fak'a.

    ReplyDelete
  13. U make me very very hungry so following u

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great, might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow that sounds pretty good especially with chocolate on it

    ReplyDelete
  16. You make me want those so much, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always wondered how they folded those things now I know thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  18. they look awesome, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for simplifying something that I have always thought was too difficult to make. Nice touch with the chocolate drizzle and tempting photo.

    ReplyDelete