Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pork Fried Rice

First off, let me tell you that I know that some of you are still wanting to see more vegetarian dishes. I'm currently working on creating some, but I have to tell you i'm not that creative when it comes to these types of meals. If you have any requests or ideas just hit me up in the comment section.




Click Read More for multiple pictures and ingredients.





This will be a long one, have fun :)




The Ingredients

  • At least 1.5 cups rice
  • 3 cups water
  • 1-2lb pork
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1tsp red pepper flakes
  • 2tbsp soy sauce
  • 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 medium sized onion
  • 1-2lb of broccoli
  • 2 cups cabbage
  • 2 carrots
  • 4 eggs
  • 5 mushrooms
  • 1 tbsp sugar

Preparation and Cooking time: ~ 60-70 minutes


Let me begin by telling you that all of the greens are optional and at your own liking. Combine and experiment, don't stick to the recipe 100% ( well you can, you just don't need to :D )


The Tools.



Grab 1.5 cups of rice and put into favorite pot, sprinkle a little vegetable oil over it.



Turn the heat up on medium and stir frequently. The rice will turn from shiny to translucent to a rich white. That's how we like it.



Add about 3 Cups of water. Keep the Water to rice ratio at about 2:1. Let it cook on medium for about 20 minutes, occasionally stir, don't put a lid on your pot. After 20 minutes there should be hardly any water left.



Chop, chop.



Same goes for the pork.





Coat the pork in honey. Don't go overboard with it.



Combine the sweet mixture with soy sauce. There should be a healthy ratio between the honey and soy sauce.



Add the red peppers as well. Mix it up real good.




Place in wok ( or pan ). Turn heat on high and stir every once in a while.



Let the honey and soy sauce work their magic. Let the Honey caramelize, but watch out not to burn it. If it smells good and looks done, it most likely will taste good. 






I made some scrambled eggs in the meanwhile and put it all on one plate. Looking good!




Now grab your carrots, onions and broccoli together with a splash of oil and put them into your wok. Heat on medium.



Add the mushrooms when the carrots and onions turn soft. Add the eggs too.

Last but not least add the cabbage and the broccoli and finally the pork. Give everything a good stir and serve up.



Enjoy :)

32 comments:

  1. That looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN this is like my favorite dish. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks good. Just need to get the special pan to cook it in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like so much work, but it does look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must make and consume this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so caught up. This blog is great, glad to be back. Perfectly cooked rice by the way, sign of a great chef.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

    :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can smell it from here. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You take that long time to cook when u get the munchies? Haha nice I just take what I can get :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks sick man I can't want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pork Fried Rice looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious! Can't stop eating when reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great, wish you could do all my cooking for me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks gorgeous, will have to try this when I move into Uni.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks really good, might leave the broccoli out though

    ReplyDelete
  17. mushrooms in fried rice? is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my favorite foods when I'm drunk haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks so yummy, I would seriously pay money to eat that, you should open a restaurant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dude, this looks GREAT! I never knew about the vegetable oil prep with the rice. No wonder my fried rice always ended up kinda weird. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man this makes me so hungry it feels like I've been in a desert for 400 years! :C Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. DELICIOUS.
    everything you make looks yummy omg

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, my god... I think i just had a culinary orgasm...

    ReplyDelete
  24. this looks really good. mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  25. that looks soo delicious i think ill make it for dinner tomorrow night

    ReplyDelete